A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success. Responsibilities will include teaching courses
and participating in activities directly related to scheduled
instruction, including: lecture, laboratory, clinical, performance
and coaching assignments; preparation for instruction; and student
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any
assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as
directed by the appropriate the Dean of the School of Education
& Social Sciences, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Faculty must develop curricula and must attend all adjunct
faculty meetings and orientation.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relates to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a master’s degree in related field and
eighteen (18+) credit hours from a regionally accredited
institution; an established record of teaching and service in the
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, official transcripts, and/or
certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity