Adjunct Faculty POOL | School of Arts & Sciences
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. Responsibilities will include teaching courses and participating in activities directly related to scheduled instruction, including: lecture, laboratory, clinical, performance and coaching assignments; preparation for instruction; and student assessment activities.
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate the Dean of the School of School of Arts & Sciences, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Faculty must develop curricula and must attend all adjunct faculty meetings and orientation.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relates to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a master’s degree in related field and eighteen (18+) credit hours from a regionally accredited institution; an established record of teaching and service in the discipline.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, official transcripts, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Speech & Rhetoric Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens