Academic Multimedia Producer
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide announces an exciting opportunity in the Department of Online Education. The Instructional Technologist is responsible for digital media asset development in support of online course production. This position will use ERAU course developer content to produce state-of-the-art digital media, audio, and visual material, in support of graduate, undergraduate and MOOC courses offered through the Online Education department. Examples include: graphics, infographics, interactive presentations, animated videos, simulations, gamification, and reusable web-based interactive HTML5 content.
This position provides professional coaching and guidance to course developers and course production staff to ensure quality of product by incorporating educational technologies that enhance learning. Additionally, this position will also coordinate production schedules and scope with the Executive Director and course production staff to insure timely delivery of course material.
*Applicants should include an updated portfolio with their application materials to be considered for the position.
- Bachelor's degree (Communications, Broadcasting, Video Production, Digital Media, Graphic Arts or related field)
- (3-5) years of work related experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in digital media production and at least 3 years of relevant experience in this area.
- Ability to work in an environment with many simultaneous requests for service and to prioritize tasks and to communicate those priorities with tact to end users.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technology-based courseware design and development techniques.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are required including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Expertise with software applications including the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software, Microsoft Office, and other digital media production tools such as Camtasia, Articulate, etc.
- Ability to provide a comfortable and flexible production environment with professional guidance and coaching.
- Problem-solving skills that include identification, analysis, and proactive solutions in support of University goals.
- Demonstrated technology skills and ability - LMS management, digital audio and video production, web programming, CSS, graphic design, motion graphics, web layout, and cloud storage management.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Master's degree in instructional technology or a related field (e.g., education, instructional design, technology in education)
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing highly engaging learning programs based on sound learning principles.
- Experience working with Canvas Learning Management System.
- Experience working with academic technologies in the higher educational field.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach