Postdoctoral Associate (Ni Lab)
The Ni lab, in the Virginia Tech School of Neuroscience, is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to join our research team. Our lab uses fruit fly thermosensory system to understand the molecular mechanisms, cellular substrates, and neuronal circuitry of thermosensation.
Interested applicants should have completed a Ph.D. in neuroscience, molecular biology, or related field. The position begins as early as January 2021. The Postdoctoral Associate’s responsibilities will include participating in our research in understanding the molecular mechanisms of temperature detection, contributing to/leading publications from studies, and contributing to the development and submission of competitive proposals for additional funding.
• Ph.D. in neuroscience, molecular biology, or related field;
• Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods, etc);
• Show excellent critical thinking, scholarly ability, and good communication skills;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Experience working with Drosophila genetics and behaviors
Commensurate with experience
Review of applications will begin on July 30, 2020 and the recruitment will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Jonathan Hedrick at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: July 15, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg