Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
The purpose of this class is to lead the development, activation, and evaluation of integrated marketing and communications activities for the college. This position heads a team of creative professionals who specialize in graphic design, content strategy and development of, digital media, publications, and management of website properties. The Senior Director manages the brand identity and marketing strategies of the college for Credit and Continuing Education/Workforce Development enrollment, as well as departments, the CCBC Foundation, and individual academic programs. This position works with cross-functional colleagues to drive marketing actions that support the College's Strategic Plan and the President's Strategic Priorities, including awareness and recruitment messaging campaigns.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale
Master's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business or a related field. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in marketing, higher education and/or communications-related leadership. Of the ten (10) years of experience, five (5) of those years must be in a managerial role. Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with brand strategy, integrated marketing, media relations, crisis communications, market research, social media, search engine optimization and best web practices for credit and non-credit markets. Experience overseeing and/or managing major marketing projects, such as website redesign, brand roll out, name change or logo redesign.
For best consideration, please apply by November 1, 2020.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Establish the vision, strategy, and priorities for the Marketing and Communications teams to advance the college's brand position among vital internal and external stakeholders.
- Build strategic, integrated and comprehensive multi-media communications for diverse audiences that build credit and non-credit enrollment, organizational visibility, credibility and engagement.
- Conduct research, analyze market data and media trends, and identify industry standards and best practices to develop, assess and refine communication strategies designed primarily to recruit, engage and retain students.
- Manage budget and personnel resources of Marketing, Media Relations, Creative Services and Printing Services departmental units that provide multi-location support to all areas of the college including the President's Office, Enrollment and Student Services, Instruction, Institutional Advancement, Administrative Services, and Continuing Education.
- Oversee the collaboration among internal and external individuals, groups and organizations to ensure the planning and implementation of projects, initiatives and events will attract new and continued enrollment, which encourage student success, and generate public support.
- Provide inclusive team leadership that inspires creativity, adopts new technology, implements best practices, and maximizes opportunities.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Develop and implement the use of business processes and technologies that support and sustain capabilities of the Marketing and Communications team to expediently deliver high-quality and high-volume work.
- Manage a brand identity that is meaningful and consistent across all media channels. Including maintaining accountability for the College's web and digital media properties, internal and external websites, and social media pages.
- Identify and research the consumer behavior of target market segments to prepare data-driven creative strategies with actionable plans, including Managing Demand Side Platforms (DSP).
- Communicate information in ways that drive evidence-based decision making, decrease time to decision making, improve competitive positioning, and achieve business goals.
- Serve as college spokesperson and communications counsel, handling media inquiries/response and advising college president and other college leaders on strategic management of media opportunities, challenges and crises.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders, including the college's Senior Staff and Board of Trustees.
- Provide vision, leadership, and counsel for marketing and college communications in alignment with CCBC's strategic priorities. Provide support to Senior Staff and college President for speeches and articles.
- Formulate and manage a comprehensive media relations strategy and program at the local, state, regional and national levels encompassing appropriate media outlets with a focus on both credit and non-credit education programs.
- Collaborate to strengthen, align and guide the College's overall and unit brands through strategic marketing communications. Ensure brand standards are maintained and consistent throughout the organization.
- Anticipate, prepare for, preempt and mitigate issues with potential to negatively impact the college's reputation. Oversee issues-management and crisis communications plans and advise senior leaders accordingly.
- Develop benchmark criteria and track and evaluate the effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies for credit and non-credit on a regular basis.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of marketing and communications policies and procedures, including brand and editorial standards.
CCBC Full Time Benefits At A Glance
Medical Plan year
Employees may select CIGNA, or Kaiser Permanente Select HMO. No preexisting condition exclusions. All plans have prescription drug coverage and mental health and substance abuse benefits. All plans require the selection of a primary care physician, but allow the option to change. Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November.
Dental Plan year
Employees may select Cigna DHMO, CareFirst Traditional Dental or CareFirst Preferred Dental. Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November.
Vision Plan year
Employees may select Carefirst Preferred or Traditional Plans. Coverage includes one eye exam and benefits for glasses, contacts, or bi/trifocals every 24 months. Administered by Davis Vision. Kaiser medical plans allow members to have one eye exam yearly (covers exam only). Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employees have access to the EAP, which provides CCBC employees and their family member's confidential 24-hour online and telephone access for legal, financial, and personal issues. Provided for CCBC employees at no cost. Administered by CIGNA behavioral.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees may select the FSA, which allows employees to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses. Employees may allocate a maximum of $5,000 per household, per plan year for daycare related expenses, on a pre-tax basis. Employees may allocate a maximum of $2,550 for medical related expenses. A debit card is provided to simplify claims processing for health care expenses. Annual Open Enrollment is in October and November. Administered by Benefit Strategies.
Eligible employees receive one times their annual salary rounded up to the nearest $1,000. The minimum benefit amount is $50,000 and the maximum benefit amount is $200,000. CCBC pays 90% of the premium. Evidence of insurability is required if enrollment occurs 31 days after hire date. Administered by The Standard Insurance Company.
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Employees may enroll in the LTD Plan. Benefits are effective after 90 days of continuous total disability and pays 60% of the gross monthly salary. Evidence of insurability is required if enrollment occurs 31 days after the employee's hire date. Administered by The Standard Insurance Company.
Employees may enroll in the Legal Services benefit, which provides legal advice, consultation, and courtroom representation for commonly used legal services; plus will preparation, traffic violations, credit issues, warranty disputes, medical durable power of attorney and uncontested divorce. Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November. This plan is administered by Legal Resources.
Employees are eligible, based on position classification, to enroll in one of three retirement plans: (1) MD State Teachers Pension System, (2) MD State Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), or (3) Baltimore County Employees Retirement System. All plans require employee contributions except MD State ORP.
403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plans
For the 2016 calendar year, if you are under age 50, you could contribute up to $18,000, and if you are age 50 or older, you could contribute up to $24,000 because of a $6,000 'catch up contribution'.
Vendors: AIG-VALIC, TIAA-CREF, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Lincoln and ING.
457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
For 2016, if you are under the age of 50, you could contribute the maximum of $18,000 to your 457(b) plan. If you are age 50 or older, that maximum increases to $24,000 because of a $6,000 'catch up contribution.' Vendor: Voya Financial Advisors, Inc.
CCBC tuition is waived for benefit-eligible employees after a probationary period, if applicable. Tuition reimbursement for courses taken at other colleges and universities are available after one year of CCBC employment. Employees are reimbursed: $200/credit undergraduate; $260/credit graduate courses, up to a maximum of 18 credits per fiscal year.
Employees have access to a free checking account, direct deposit, loans and other services at First Financial Federal Credit Union and M&T Bank.
Time Off (fiscal year)
12-month employees accrue up to 12 days for sick and safe leave the first year of employment and 18 days per year thereafter. 10-month employees accrue up to 10 sick days the first year and 15 days thereafter. All employees are granted 3 personal business days per fiscal year. Employees are eligible based on position classification and years of service to accrue a minimum of 10 days and a maximum of 20 days of vacation per fiscal year.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore