Director, Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Institute at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
The Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Institute's (MFNI) organizational structure is matrix-based and led by the Institute Medical Director in collaboration with a Senior Director of Administration and a Senior Director of Nursing. The MFNI consists of three divisions: neonatology, obstetrics and gynecology and maternal fetal medicine. It spans across 8 affiliate hospitals, a 97 bed NICU, outpatient ob/gyn, MFM and neonatal follow-up clinics, and labor and delivery at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.
The director provides leadership and direction to develop, recommend and implement programs, policies and procedures and standards within the MFNI. S/he is accountable for driving excellence through the institute. Excellence is being acknowledged as a leader in quality, clinical care, education and research by his/her peers and acts as a partner to the leadership team. The director is responsible for all aspects of clinical care within the MFNI and focuses on developing and maintaining an environment of care that is centered on quality and patient safety. S/he promotes a culture of accountability, teamwork and one that follows the mission and values of JHACH and JHM. This individual is charged with setting strategies and the future direction of the MFNI in collaboration with the Senior Director of Nursing and the Senior Director of Administration, while working with all members of JHACH leadership to ensure alignment with the clinical and academic mission of the organization. This role has a significant impact on key areas across the organization.
Johns Hopkins All Children’s faculty collaborate and share clinical, educational and research resources with colleagues in Baltimore. In the MFNI, collaborations generally are within the Department of Pediatrics, which includes the Division of Neonatology and the Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics, which includes the Division of Gynecology & Obstetrics and the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine. The director will facilitate these collaborations and will serve as the driving force for the continued academic transformation of the MFNI.
The MFNI Director will hold a faculty appointment with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine at the Associate Professor level or higher. The director will report to the Vice Dean and Physician-in-Chief for Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital.
Leadership and Institutional Accountabilities, Program Building
- Promotes the vision and mission of JHACH, JHM and JHU as articulated by the leadership of all these institutions.
- Promotes a culture of academic excellence.
- Develops and promotes strategic objectives of the MFNI. Promotes strategic objectives of JHACH, JHM and JHU.
- Develops the Institute’s strategic plan to grow clinical, research and educational activities.
- Works with all members of JHACH leadership to ensure alignment with the clinical and academic mission of the organization.
- Facilitates bi-campus collaboration and engagement with JHU-SOM to support advancements in clinical care, quality, research, education, and faculty development.
- Achieves national ranking in the USNWR medical his/her specialty ranking and other external measures of reputation and excellence.
- Successful growth and development of the MFNI, Johns Hopkins All Children’s, as a patient centered, integrated and sub-specialized neonatology, obstetrics & gynecology and maternal fetal medicine service lines, with a strong research base and excellent training programs.
- Achieves recognition of Johns Hopkins All Children’s as a center of excellence in the state via the following:
- Development of a robust clinical program and network with the goal of increasing market share; - Development of a strong research program; the development of quality and safety informatics and benchmarking;
- Development of a strong collaboration with regional partners as well as with Baltimore based Johns Hopkins School of Medicine faculty.
- Plans, develops and obtains approval of fellowship programs in Neonatology (ACGME accredited) and Maternal Fetal Medicine (ACGME accredited).
- Actively and regularly participate in leadership meetings.
- Actively participate in JHACH, School of Medicine and JHHS committee meetings as appropriate.
- Promotes faculty and other clinical inter-professional staff authorship in peer reviewed journals.
- Develops and fosters collaborative opportunities across different departments and institutes, both within the JHM network, external to the JHM network, and within the community.
- Ensures faculty and staff compliance with JHACH, JHM and JHU policies.
- Provides effective leadership and mentoring to faculty, physicians and trainees.
- Provides leadership as chief of medical service at JHACH and other affiliated institutions where Maternal, Fetal and Neonatal clinical services are provided, including the eight affiliated Level I-III NICU network hospitals in the region.
- Recruits and develops a diverse faculty and physician workforce.
- Promotes a positive work place environment.
- Promotes a culture of innovation and a commitment to academic growth and professional development. Areas of academic growth include development of new educational programs such as clinical fellowships, postdoctoral research fellowships, and increased involvement in clinical trials. Supports growth in translational research and basic science research within the institute.
Clinical Affairs and Services
- Promotes a culture of clinical excellence in all practice settings.
- Develops opportunities for growth of the Maternal Fetal & Neonatal clinical services in the region.
- Implements and adheres to all JHACH and JHH practice standards on patient access, scheduling and patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for all clinical-related aspects of care delivered in the MFNI, as well as providing oversight for clinical quality, physician and staff engagement, research, workforce management and maintaining a professional practice.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as Joint Commission and the Agency for Healthcare Administration. Responsible for the coordination of activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards.
- Through collaborative practice with all members of the care team, develop and monitor standards for clinical outcomes, and patient safety that meet the high quality of care standards of JHACH.
- Provides leadership and creates a culture that supports the delivery of patient-centered, specialized, evidence-based care across the continuum through an inter-professional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy.
- Accountable for delivery of safe care within scope of practice as defined by the Florida Medical Board and JHACH/JHM policy.
- Lead clinical program development and clinical business development at JHACH for Neonatology, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- Provide leadership in the development of satellite offices and hospital affiliations that would require provision of OB/GYN, MFM or Neonatology services.
- Provides leadership for clinical risk management activities for the medical divisions of the Institute.
- Develops quality improvement processes that include goals and defined performance measurements
- Monitors division performance against the appropriate national benchmarks and promotes patient-centered care.
- Provides clinical services in his/her area of expertise as required.
Finance and Administration
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Administration and the Senior Director of Nursing, provides effective oversight for financial and budgetary performance, including explanation and justification of actual vs budget variations of departmental expenses.
- Directs, coordinates and or participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget along with the Senior Director of Administration and Senior Director of Nursing.
- Comply with all JHACH, JHU and JHHS administrative, financial and human resource policies.
- Work with JHACH President, Vice Dean/PIC, JHACH and ACSP President to develop annual and financial goals for the Institute.
Research and Academics
- Develops, fosters and grows high quality research with an emphasis on clinical translation, developmental therapies and basic science focus.
- Fosters their own line of investigation in Neonatology, Obstetrics & Gynecology and/or Maternal Fetal Medicine and actively pursues external funding.
- Fosters and mentors faculty in the MFNI, and pursues collaborations with local, and JHU Baltimore based clinical and basic science research colleagues,
- Fosters environment of education, providing clinical, clinical research and basic research education for medical students, residents, graduate students and fellows.
The director should be a board certified pediatric neonatologist, obstetrician, gynecologist or perinatologist who has shown through his or her career the ability to be an exceptional physician-scientist and a leader with vision and drive that can create a world-class program for the MFNI at JHACH. S/he should possess current or past experience in high level research in his/her field, as well as a history of NIH funding. The candidate should also hold the ability to mentor junior faculty and residents/fellows while fostering an environment of world-class research.
Include CV and letter of interest in the application.
Additional inquiries should be directed to Jeff Schroeder with AMN Leadership Solutions.
Office – 469-524-1453
Email – email@example.com
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg