Public Safety Communication Dispatcher
Area: Student Development – Public Safety/ Transportation
I. Basic Function
Missouri Baptist University is seeking to hire a part-time Public Safety Communication Dispatcher. This position will be five days per week/twenty-nine hours per week. The Public Safety Communication Dispatcher will be the primary point of contact for emergency communications, Public Safety Department communications, and points of communication between the University community and the surrounding community.
II. Responsibilities and Authority
- Receive all campus emergency communications and relay that information to the proper people.
- Disseminate emergencies situations such as fire, tornado, active shooter or other life safety incidents to the MBU community through the campus alert system and in collaboration with the University Communications department.
- Dispatch Public Safety units by radio in response to requests for services according to established priorities and procedures.
- Dispatch emergency and lifesaving equipment as needed throughout the MBU campus.
- Provide radio services and serve as a link to outside law enforcement agencies for the Public Safety Officer(s) on duty.
- Provide criminal history, vehicle information, and driver’s license information to officer(s) in the field.
- Receive and relay all non-emergency communications for the Public Safety Department.
- Monitor and oversee the operation of all electronic access control for the campus and extension facilities.
- Assist in campus key control.
- Monitor and oversee the operation of the security camera system for the campus and regional learning centers.
- Coordinate requests for services of Public Safety.
- Perform related tasks as required.
- Attend training as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Director of Public Safety
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
The Director of Public Safety / Transportation shall conduct a performance review annually and a rate of compensation will be established.
V. Minimum Requirements
Prior Dispatch or Law Enforcement experience or related field experience is a plus but not required.
Must have a minimum of a high school education.
Display a high degree of moral integrity, positive outlook, a professional demeanor, and possess strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and actively participate in a local church, and hold views compatible with the mission of the University.
Communication and Management skills:
Must have strong oral and written communication skills; must be able to type and operate several different computer systems. Must obtain and maintain knowledge of the REJIS (Regional Justice Information Systems)
Other Desirable Qualities:
Show a willingness to learn and grow with a rapidly changing university environment.
An hourly pay scale shall be established, based upon rates competitive with comparable institutions.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith via email to Melinda Conners (Melinda.Conners@mobap.edu).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur