Vice President for Business Affairs
Missouri Baptist University is a Christ-centered university located in Saint Louis. MBU offers more than forty undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees in education, business, and Christian ministry, and two doctoral degrees. In addition to the degree programs offered on its 66-acre West St. Louis County campus, MBU offers programs at 10 regional learning centers throughout Saint Louis, in Southern Illinois, and online.
MBU is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning, and service to others. The University is filled with people who believe students have the potential to change the world for the better. We encourage innovation, experimentation, and creativity in the pursuit of excellence for all members of the university community while underscoring the most important of our core values: “We are serious and intentional about our Christian faith.”
The Vice President for Business Affairs provides executive level leadership and vision in the administration of a comprehensive range of services, policies and procedures related to financial and campus operations of the University. The position reports to the President and serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet. The vice president contributes to a wide array of institution wide planning consistent with the mission, core values and vision of the University. The vice president is accountable for the administration of all financial operations of the University by overseeing its operating and capital budgets, revenues and expenditures, debt, student financial aid, business plans and forecasts, and by assuming a leadership role in the overall strategic plan of the institution. The Vice President for Business Affairs oversees the activities of the Business Office, Student Financial Services, Campus Operations and contracted services, and serves as the Corporate Treasurer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
- Work as a collaborative leader to establish goals and objectives for the Business Office, Student Financial Services and Campus Operations that support and align with the institution’s overall mission and vision.
- Provide a level of leadership that promotes enthusiasm, confidence and a collaborative attitude among campus community members.
- Overseeing and directing all audits, accounting, purchasing and financial forecasting of the University.
- Provide monthly written Budget Variance Reports to the President and senior administrators and recommend budget adjustments based on revenue, expenditures and enrollment trends.
- Interpret and communicate complex budget information to a wide audience in a manner that is user friendly and actionable.
- Leading the process for budget planning, formation and allocation by prioritizing and supporting overall institutional goals as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with lending institutions, architects, contractors, food service providers and other outside vendors.
- Review all vendor contracts and maintain vendor relations through contract negotiations.
- Work in collaboration with enrollment management administrators to implement a comprehensive student financial aid program that maximizes student enrollment and ensures a sustainable financial model.
- Ensure all Student Financial Services and Business Office staff are kept abreast of ever-changing regulations and compliance issues.
- In consultation with the President and in compliance with board of trustee policies, direct and oversee the management of the institution’s unrestricted funds, endowment, securities and assets.
- Contributing to the development of human resource goals, objectives and systems.
- Work closely with the Cabinet and outside legal counsel in regard to personnel matters.
- Administer all risk management and assessment related to property and liability insurance.
- Analyze and recommend to the President any changes in employee benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans.
- Oversee the repair and maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Assume oversight in new construction and renovation planning and work closely with architects and contractors to control costs, while balancing functionality and aesthetics; negotiate leases related to off-campus facilities when applicable.
- Serve on the President’s Cabinet, Administrative Council, and serve as liaison to the Business Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Perform other duties assigned by the President.
The Vice President for Business Affairs is directly accountable to the President of the University for the interpretation and fulfillment of the specific and general responsibilities of the position. He/ She works closely with the President related to the budget, strategic planning, legal matters and construction renovation projects.
The Vice President for Business Affairs submits a quarterly financial report to the Business and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees. Annually the budget, audit, and tax returns are reviewed by the Committee.
This position is a member of the President’s Cabinet and works closely with its members to communicate the financial status of the University, develop strategic plans and policies while providing financial analysis of proposals under consideration. This position is a member of the Administrative Council and makes use of this forum to communicate and coordinate University activities and concerns.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT REQUIREMENTS
An annual performance review is to be conducted by the President. This review will include an assessment of the degree to which annual objectives have been accomplished, an analysis of the Vice President for Business Affairs strengths and weaknesses based on review of the position description and recent performance, and his/her proposed and professional development.
- An MBA or CPA is strongly preferred with ten years of senior accounting experience and increasing management responsibilities preferably within higher education.
- Clear and demonstrated record of outstanding leadership, vision casting, organizational efficiency, financial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven record of mentoring and developing employees.
- Project management skills with the ability to effectively balance many tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ and conduct openly acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, as revealed in Scripture. A commitment to perform duties consistent with and not contrary to Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Active participation in a local church preferably affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention and or the Southern Baptist Convention.
Salary commensurate with experience
Regular full-time salary benefits
Confidential nominations, recommendations, or expressions of interest in the position may be directed to Janet Mayfield, Assistant to the President Janet.Mayfield@mobap.edu
Cover letter summarizing your qualifications
Curriculum vitae or resume
Three to five professional references
Statement of Faith
The statement of faith should clearly explain your view of scripture, salvation, and church affiliation. It should also explain how faith influences your personal and professional life, contributes to your interest in MBU, and prepares you to follow MBU’s vision, mission and core values.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur