Director of Internal Affairs
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision Received: Reports to the President
Supervision Exercised: Assistant to the Board of Trustees
General Statement of Duties:
The Director of Internal Affairs reports directly to, and works closely with, the President on a wide variety of administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives involving the Office of the President's Office and its priorities. Primary responsibilities include working with the President on Board of Trustee initiatives and actions; institutional strategic planning and assessment of effectiveness; institutional and programmatic accreditation; and shared governance (Acuerdo). Responsibilities include assisting the President to provide structure for the College administrators and the internal governance system (Acuerdo) through organizing the operations and documentation of policy, procedures and committee outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the main contact for the Board of Higher Education, and the Department of Higher Education on matters not directly handled by the President.
- Manage the program support activities and matters of institutional significance for these agencies on behalf of the President.
- Assist with the training and development of college administrators, faculty and staff.
- Coordinate special projects on behalf of the President, which frequently involve senior leadership or cabinet members.
- Participate with the President and cabinet members in institutional planning, policy development and problem resolution.
- Stay abreast of the issues and initiatives affecting RCC, and of community colleges in Massachusetts and nationally.
- Prepare and/or contribute to the preparation of reports, briefings, presentations and responses on institutional, strategic and academic issues as appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable about all areas on campus and new initiatives so as to best identify opportunities and represent the college.
- Advanced degree required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in higher education.
- Strong background in managing/leading institutional and external collaborations.
- Experience in research, data analysis and developing briefing documents.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer and technology skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston