Part-Time Art History Instructor (Pool)
- West Valley-Mission Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 13, 2020
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art History
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Part-Time Art History Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $25,815-$30,661 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1.Education - Possess any one of the following:
- Master’s in art history, history of art and architecture or visual culture/visual studies; OR
- Bachelor’s in art history and master’s in history; OR
- Master’s in art with a recorded emphasis or concentration in art history
- A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation, in-class activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class (scheduling time beyond normal office hours if necessary), ensuring regular effective student contact for Distance Education courses, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught and other efforts related to the teaching of the assigned classes, and participate in the process of SLO assessment and evaluation and use the results of these assessments in the process of continuously improving student learning.
- Maintain accurate class and other records.
- Submit, when due, all necessary reports, such as attendance, grade reports, rosters, class and office schedules.
- File a syllabus for each course with the appropriate division offices.
- Post and maintain office hours each week.
- Provide each student with a current course syllabus as required by Title 5, which includes SLOs, classroom procedures, requirements and grading policies and provide a copy to the Division Office.
- Refer students to appropriate college resources.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Assume institutional responsibilities, essential to the ongoing operation and effective achievement of department, division, college and district programs.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert