Drama Adjunct Instructor
Duties and Responsibilities
Application Pool Notice
Laredo College continuously accepts applications for part-time (adjunct) instructors to create a pool of candidates for each session/semester. Applications will be reviewed and positions will be filled based on department needs. Applications received for this pool will remain active for one year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The music adjunct faculty will teach courses in drama as assigned by the Department Chairperson with the approval of the Dean of Arts & Sciences and the Vice President for Instruction.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and, on the first day of class, post or distribute syllabi, which inform students about course requirements, grading distribution, requirements, testing assignments, absence policy and other pertinent information for each course assigned.
- Meet all assigned classes on time in the assigned rooms and be available to students 15 minutes before class, except between classes when teaching back-to-back classes, and 15 minutes after class. A faculty member should inform the supervisor if he or she is unable to meet a class on time in order that substitutes be facilitated.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their Progress and to provide opportunities, which will allow students to succeed. Use multiple measures of assessment. Include opportunities for research and outside assignments
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar's office, including 12 class day reports, grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal deadlines; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Provide a safe environment for students and be responsible for the security of assigned equipment, materials, and classrooms.
- To work with the department and colleagues to develop, assess, evaluate, and revise programs, courses, syllabi and objectives to ensure instructional and programmatical responsiveness to the occupational and academic needs of our students and to ensure instructional quality through the achievement of competency-based objectives.
- Provide information and/or data on student learning outcomes assessments etc...to the requesting officer so that the proper reports may be completed and filed with proper educational agency, funding agency, or accrediting agency.
- Must keep abreast of the changes that occur in their discipline due to the rapid changes of technology by actively participating as members of the advisory committees both on and off campus; by attending conferences; by returning to their appropriate field of expertise either through course work or world-of-work experiences; and by reading scholarly journals.
- Stay current of changes that occur in discipline. Participate in department initiatives to infuse changes into curriculum. Participate in interdisciplinary discussions, which are directed at improving student learning and evaluating core competencies curriculum.
- Substitute for colleagues as necessary.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- A Master's Degree and a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Drama. Graduate coursework hours must be aligned with the course learning outcomes that the instructor will be teaching.
- Three years at college level instruction preferred.
- Two years teaching at high school or college is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The music adjunct faculty will teach courses in drama as assigned by the Department Chairperson with the approval of the Dean of Arts & Sciences and the Vice President for Instruction.
Department Chair Department Chairperson, Dean, VPI & SS, President
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.