Administrative Support Coordinator I
The Administrative Support Coordinator-I works independently to perform duties under the general supervision of the Director of School of Social Work and the Administrative Analyst to maintain the efficient operations of the School of Social Work.
- Oversee the office reception area.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Welcome and assist visitors.
- Maintain and reserve conference rooms, laptops, projectors, and other equipment for faculty members, and other departments on campus.
- Assist Faculty on day-to-day tasks.
- Draft notifications and distribute information regarding school activities.
- Retrieve staff, faculty and student payroll.
- Manage the overall use and readiness of the School office areas (break room area maintained, conference rooms are in-order, chairs, supplies, and equipment in-place, public areas are clean and maintained).
- Manage and maintain the School directory both in print and electronic formats.
- Manage School mail, faculty/staff mailboxes, collection and delivery of special or confidential documents.
- Help design and maintain School bulletin boards and displays.
- Assign office space for part-time faculty each semester.
- Manage office phone systems, including message coverage for the front desk and updating outgoing messages for part-time faculty each semester.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic software programs including office subscriptions to MS Office Suite, Adobe products, SPSS, etc.
- Coordinate collection and processing of electronic applications.
- Identify and integrate newer technology to further enhance admissions processes(e.g. YouTube, podcasts, Facebook, and Twitter).
- Assist in the scheduling, hosting, and follow-up for informational sessions, orientations, and other related trainings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages (i.e. Microsoft Office, Word processing, spreadsheets, database management).
- Advanced technology skills including familiarity with web technology, computer equipment, and multiple software applications.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Knowledge of lifting advising and probation holds.
- Familiarity with general session and special session students and programming.
- Working knowledge of university catalog, course plans, university services, and graduation requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU, and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience in office and/or educational settings Input preferred qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume of tasks and demands including multiple projects simultaneously (i.e. computer work, phone, reception, and regular administrative duties)
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of office software including word-processing, database management including student admissions and tracking software, spreadsheets, PeopleSoft, website management, Google applications, and graphics
- Experience with planning meetings, agenda organization, and minutes as well as organizing and coordinating large-scale events
- Experience with course scheduling and SOTES selection as well as processing student forms and e-filing, including but not limited to candidacy and graduation forms, changes of major, grading forms, and similar documents
- Experience with state, federal, CSU, and SJSU policies and procedures
- Experience providing support and information to students
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator - I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,422/month -$3,607/month
Hiring Range: $2,846/month - $5,148/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: February 18, 2020 through March 3, 2020 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: July 08, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose