Job Code/Title Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Faculty Department Mathematical Sciences Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $1144 per credit hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Varies Normal work days Monday through Friday Normal work hours Varies Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Virginia Commonwealth University College of Humanities and Sciences is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty for upcoming semester course sections with the Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics. This pool will be utilized on an as-needed basis. Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Position duties include: Meet all designated course instruction guidelines. Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on instructions/rubric provided. Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours. Submit final grades according to College and Department policies.
Master’s degree in a related field with experience and specialized expertise in mathematics is required. Applicants must have demonstrated teaching experience.
PhD or other doctoral degree in a related discipline or directly related to the position is highly preferred. Previous experience teaching courses within the Department.
Job Open Date 06/25/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates must submit electronically in VCU eJobs, the following: a current curriculum vitae, contact information for four references, and a cover letter that clearly explains how they meet the qualifications outlined above.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.A. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99470 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond