Persian/Farsi Language and Culture Instructor, Defense Critical Language and Culture Program
The Mansfield Center Defense Critical Language and Culture Program (DCLCP) is one of the top language training centers in the nation. The DCLCP provides intensive language and culture training for members of the Active Duty Military, the National Guard, Reserve, and Intelligence Agencies utilizing a congressionally funded contract through the Defense Language and National Security Education Office (DLNSEO). The position may be located at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, Missoula, Montana or other location dependent upon mission requirements or at the request of our customers or as determined by the Director of the DCLCP.
The Persian/Farsi Instructor of Language and Culture will assist in the development of curriculum and instruct military and United States government agency personnel in intensive language and culture courses delivered over video-teleconferencing (VTC) and in-resident venues. The duration of each course ranges from one day to one year. While classes are in session 5-6 hours of teaching per day is common per instructor, while 2-3 hours per day are used for lesson preparation, classroom management, administration and supplementary curriculum development. When courses are not in session course materials are developed by the language instructors for publishing and for in-class use. The language instructor is responsible for 5-6 hours of in class teaching daily and providing assistance to the Lead Instructor in the design of course curriculum and syllabus.
Due to instruction being conducted at multiple training sites, some travel may be required for instructors.
The instructor must be fluent in Persian/Farsi language and demonstrate a high level of proficiency in English. The instructor is required to take an Oral Proficiency Interview and score superior in Persian and advanced in English prior to selection.
The instructor must have a high level of knowledge in current teaching methodologies and be comfortable with teaching through technology using Video-Teleconferencing (VTCs), Smartboards, and iPads. Instructors must also be able to work productively in a group (team teaching, active coordination, extensive collaboration), and also work effectively in an independent mode. The instructor must be able to create and follow syllabi without oversight.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Must have experience in curriculum development for Persian language materials.
- While employed instructors must develop curriculum based on the needs of the program and as required by the DoD.
- Applicant must score advanced in English as tested against the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), is required to take the OPI before selection and must score superior in Persian.
- Must have knowledge of current teaching methodologies and practices in the classroom and experience utilizing advanced classroom technologies.
- Must be able to work productively within a team and independently.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or US permanent resident enabling successful clearance application/approval
- Individual must be able to pass a Criminal Background Investigation enabling successful clearance application/approval
- While courses are in session, the instructors must be able to create and follow syllabi without oversight.
- Due to multiple training sites some travel may be required.
- Ph.D. in relevant field
- Experience in instructing Persian language and culture
- Experience in intensive language instruction, particularly in a military or government setting.
About the Defense Critical Language/Culture Program (DCLCP) at the Mansfield Center
The Defense Critical Language/Culture Program (DCLCP) at the Mansfield Center develops and presents comprehensive language and regional studies/cultural awareness courses, courseware, and supporting materials designed to prepare DOD and USG employees for overseas deployment. These courses and materials will be specifically designed to meet DoD requirements, and may include, but not be limited to, languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Dari, Persian, Indonesian, French, Russian, Pashto, and Korean. Additionally, these courses and materials will include a substantial regional and cultural studies component. DCLCP will also develop synchronous online learning modules and Apple Apps for language and culture instruction in coordination with Department of Defense (DoD) entities.
How to Apply
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Complete applications must include:
- A letter of interest addressing the required experience and qualifications for position.
- A current resume/CV listing education and describing work experience.
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment.
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant.
Testing Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions.
Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Job Location Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Campbell
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Campbell
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Campbell
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Campbell
- English & Literature Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Campbell