Posting Number F00586 Position Title Instructor, Biology Internal Position Title Instructor, Biology Department Biology Position Type Full-Time Faculty Job Family Faculty Job Summary
The College of Lake County is currently searching for one full-time Anatomy and Physiology faculty member to be housed in the Biological & Health Sciences division. Responsibilities for this position include instruction of first and second year college level courses to a diverse student body during daytime, evening, and weekend classes at our Grayslake campus. The faculty member will develop, prepare, and revise instructional materials as well as participate in program evaluation and curriculum planning and development. The instructor will participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, serve on division and college committees, and participate in other forms of college service. The instructor will utilize appropriate technology to deliver instructional materials, maintain grades, provide timely communications with students, etc. The instructor shall maintain appropriate office hours for student access. Instructors are required to maintain an active program of professional development related to institutional objectives.
Master’s degree in Biology or related; OR Masters in another discipline and eighteen (18) graduate credits in Biology.
A commitment to the community college mission and to working with diverse student populations. Demonstrated success and academic experiences with diverse populations and diverse teaching methods. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Willingness to complete training and teach online and blended learning.
Posting Date 06/30/2020 Closing Date 11/12/2020 Expected Start Date 01/04/2021 Special Instructions Summary
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit a minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with priority consideration given to applications completed by August 14, 2020. Additional completed applications may be considered after August 15, 2020. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
This is a full-time, tenure track faculty position. Salary placement is commensurate with education and experience. The minimum 2020 – 2021 academic year (Fall & Spring Semester) base salary range is $59,807 with a master’s degree to $75,944 with a doctorate in the subject field. Optional contract for the summer session offers potential for significantly greater earnings.
Faculty may be assigned to any of the three CLC campuses; Grayslake, Lakeshore or Southlake. New faculty hires are required to attend orientation the week prior to the start date of January 11, 2021.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA .
Pay Rate Per faculty contract. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Fifteen (15) Load Hours and Ten (10) office Hours. Work Schedule
Varies according to course schedule. Ability to teach days, evening and weekends as determined by the needs of the program in any given semester. Ability to teach at all campus locations as needed (Grayslake, Lakeshore or Southlake).
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Presentation Summary of Essential Functions
1) Provides instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy
of the College and within the scope of a defined course of study.
2) Teaches assigned courses in subject field each academic semester. Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles, technologies, and delivery methods.
3) Provides the students and the Division a syllabus that clearly states course
objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the
college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other
information required by College, Division, or department.
4) Provides instructional support to the students. Refers students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
5) Is available for student consultation through phone, email, or online for
established office hours.
6) Meets all classes at assigned times. If unable to meet an assigned class, reports absence to supervisor and division staff in an appropriate manner.
7) Selects, prepares and maintains current curriculum, course outlines and
printed and non-printed instructional materials. Revises and updates course
content as needed.
8) Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of
student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as
provided. Administers other instruments designed to measure student learning
outcomes as requested and required by the department or division. Provides all
results as requested. Prioritizes and supports student success. Assessment of
course, program and College Learning Outcomes (CLOs). Values align with the
College of Lake County mission, vision, values and goals.
9) Evaluates student performance in meeting course objectives and learning
outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provides
feedback to students in a timely manner on student performance.
10) Maintains accurate grade records as required by the College. Submits all
attendance and grade records electronically prior to the required deadlines. Is
able to produce appropriate grade records for supervisor upon request.
11) Curriculum development, development
of policies and procedures, program expansion and new program exploration
12) Properly and effectively utilizes appropriate technology to deliver instructional materials, maintain grades, and provide timely communications with students, etc.
13) Encourages students to submit course evaluations, reviews course evaluations when available and uses feedback to improve course delivery.
14) Assist in the advisement of students.
15) Uses the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and
document student complaints, concerns and problems.
16) Participates in governance by serving on college, division, and department committees.
17) Attends faculty meetings, department meetings, and all other meetings
called by authorized personnel.
18) Attends Development Week activities and Commencement.
19) Is ethical in all conduct.
20) Maintains a high level of professionalism.
21) Maintains current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX
“Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
22) Follows all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards.
Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance objectives
and career goals.
23) Maintains current knowledge of subject matter via professional development
such as professional organization membership, attendance of seminars,
conferences, classes, and professional publications.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
VISUAL AND HEARING REQUIREMENTS
– Must be able to see with corrective eye wear
– Must be able to hear clearly with assistance
– May be in contact with students under a variety of circumstances.
– Able to handle emergency or crisis situations.
– May be required to wear protective equipment as necessary.
– May require working evening and weekend hours as needed.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work
in a classroom setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to
occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, reach; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to
moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive
hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard;
and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
a. Sitting Continuously (67% to 100%)
b. Walking Frequently (34% to 66%)
c. Standing Frequently (34% to 66%)
d. Bending Occasionally (1-33%)
e. Squatting Occasionally (1-33%)
b. Walking Occasionally (1-33%)
c. Standing Occasionally (1-33%)
d. Bending Occasionally (1-33%)
e. Squatting Occasionally (1-33%)
f. Climbing Occasionally (1-33%)
g. Kneeling Occasionally (1-33%)
h. Twisting Occasionally (1-33%)
i. Lifting (0-50 lbs) Occasionally (1-33%)
j. Lifting (50+ lbs) Occasionally (1-33%)
k. Carrying (0-50 lbs) Occasionally (1-33%)
l. Carrying (50+ lbs) Occasionally (1-33%)
m. Pushing (0-300 lbs) Occasionally (1-33%)
n. Public Interaction (Internal/External) Continuously (67% to 100%)
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher in Biology or related
field; OR a Master’s degree or higher in another discipline and
eighteen (18) graduate credits in Biology?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake