Job Code/Title Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow Department Biochemistry Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus MCV Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Can E. Senkal in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. The successful candidate will participate in a NIH -funded project on the molecular mechanisms regulating ceramide generation. Broadly, we study the metabolism, regulation, and biological functions of sphingolipids in cancer. Candidates with commitment to research excellence who are hard-working, and technically skilled are welcomed to apply.
• Candidates must have a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree (preferably recently graduated or with less than two 2 years of post-doctoral experience), and have hands-on experience in biochemistry, cancer biology, molecular biology, cell biology or other relevant fields.
• The candidates should have excellent verbal and written scientific communication skills with experience in writing proposals and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications.
• Hands-on experience in cancer molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology and/or pharmacology.
• Ability to design and perform experiments, and to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to maintain detailed documentation through electronic and notebook means.
• Ability to work independently as well as ability to work professionally and efficiently within the research group as a team player.
• Commitment to diversity.
Experience in bioactive lipid signaling, enzyme biochemistry (enzyme activity assays), and/or protein biochemistry (protein expression and isolation).
Job Open Date 09/09/2019 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter, a current CV with a publication list, and contact information (including phone numbers) of three references by email to email@example.com.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99463 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond