Posting Number S01257 Position Title Solutions Specialist Internal Position Title Solutions Specialist Department Workforce & Professional Dev Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Solutions Specialist, who reports to the Talent Development Services Manager of College of Lake County’s ( CLC ) Workforce and Professional Development Institute ( WPDI ), collaborates with the WPDI managers of Professional Development (PD), Small Business Development & International Trade Center ( SBDC - ITC ), Talent Development Services ( TDS ) as well as the WPDI Executive Director, PD program coordinators, and TDS consultants to research and recommend solutions, training, and educational needs for Lake County’s business community.
The Solutions Specialist will proactively research the local labor, employer, and small business market to analyze, recommend, and evaluate subject matter experts, instructional designers, developers, instructors, and facilitators (internally and externally.)
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Development or related Learning & Development field, or degree in Education or Business
• One (1) to three (3) years of experience in corporate training and/or continuing education.
• Strong understanding and application of Instructional System Design with proven work experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
• Advanced knowledge of adult learning theory and successful demonstration of practical application.
• Strong understanding of assessments, skill gap analysis, and data-collection models, methods and instruments.
• Basic knowledge of competencies and competency models.
• Strong understanding of program evaluation, including knowing models, methods and instruments
• Strong understanding of e-learning development software knowledge and skill.
• Ability to write effective copy and instructional text.
• Ability to design customized training programs to be evaluated at the application and impact evaluation levels.
• Strong research skills.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills with data management experience.
• Great project management, organization and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work independently and interdependently.
• Proven creativity in solution design, selection, implementation, and in problem solving.
• Experience learning and experimenting with new talent development and learning techniques and technologies, seizing new opportunities for enhancing learning.
• Competencies in the following:
o Instructional Design
o Needs Assessments
o Training Evaluation
o Time Management
o Researching, analyzing and using information
o Business Acumen
o Project management
• Advanced degree in Human Resources or related Learning and Development field.
• Experience working for the non-credit continuing education division of a college.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date 07/07/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date 09/01/2020 Special Instructions Summary
Submit with Application: Two (2) lessons/modules/chapters from two (2) different courses that you have developed in the last 1-2 years. If you have developed face-to-face and online courses, supply a sample of each (latter can be a link).
For those being interviewed: If selected for an interview, plan to lead a mock meeting with WPDI division managers to analyze the needs surrounding a new course idea and chart the path forward to fruition.
Position open until filled
Pay Rate $20.31/hour Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position may require availability outside of the standard business day (evening open house, focus groups, meetings, etc.)
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint Interview Process Requirements None, Writing Samples, Portfolio EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
• Works in close collaboration with leaders and colleagues from WPDI’s Professional Development, Talent Development Services and Small Business Development and International Trade Center to support their solution development needs.
• Proactively researches the local labor, employer and small business markets and recommends solutions that best aligns with Lake County’s employment needs, skills and industries. They also research, analyze, recommend, and evaluate outsourced subject matter experts, instructional designers, developers, instructors and facilitators.
• Demonstrates competency in data analytics, needs assessments, instructional design, training/program evaluation, time management, and consultation to support solution selection and development efforts supporting WPDI .
• Assists in the analysis of an employer’s specific skill gaps to recommend the best learning solution, which may include open enrollment classes, customized and/or off-the-shelf training, college credit classes, and/or coaching.
• Assists with the scoping, forecasting, planning and project managing instructional design projects that encompass team members from WPDI departments, other CLC department, business partners, employers and/or other stakeholders to ensure timely completions of projects.
• Assist in the design, development, and/or customization of instructional materials, including facilitator and participant guides, PowerPoint slides, handouts, job aids, etc.
• Recommends the training modality that best aligns with the targeted learners, skills and industry, such as online (synchronous and/or asynchronous), face-to-face, and blended learning.
• Determines build versus buy decision with regard to training solutions, based on a detailed review of off-the-shelf solutions and the availability of qualified SMEs, curriculum designers/developers and budget.
• Reviews and oversees WPDI’s instructor/facilitator evaluations in collaboration with WPDI staff to determine continuance of use for strong performers and separation of engagement for low performers.
• Reviews and analyzes student and client evaluation forms and recommends related programs for each WPDI department and/or employer.
• Oversees WPDI’s Development Resource library (solutions) to ensure integration between all three WPDI business units.
• Participates in WPDI’s standing collaborative meetings with academic divisions to identify opportunities for partnership (e.g., co-listed classes/programs, supporting CEUs, etc.), take project notes, report out on program development, track new program development, evaluate new program success, and continue to develop great working relationships with WPDI’s peers.
• Reviews and updates current curriculum and pathways into and out of current programs, including and preparing and/or reviewing course information for completeness, based on established learning objectives and related competency/skill development needs.
• Obtains and maintains approval from various state agencies on accreditation, certification, and licensing and ensures that regulatory and licensing criteria and guidelines as well as institutional requirements are maintained.
• All other duties as might be assigned by supervisor and/or matrixed in department leaders.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources
Development or related Learning & Development field, or degree
in Education or Business?
- * Do you have one (1) to three (3) years of experience in
corporate training and/or continuing education?
- * Do you have a strong understanding and application of
Instructional System Design with proven work experience in
instructional design and with instructional technology?
- * Do you have an advanced degree in Human Resources or related
Learning and Development field?
- * Do you have experience working for the non-credit continuing
education division of a college?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document
- Media Portfolio
- Availability Schedule
- Teaching Portfolio
- Design Portfolio
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake