AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty - English
Position Type Adjunct Classification Title Adjunct Faculty Position's Functional Title AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty - English Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Arts and Sciences seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in our English program during AY 20-21. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach English courses. Courses taught by adjunct faculty in the above programs are for undergraduates. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course(s) online and use appropriate software tools. Please visit www.govst.edu/cas for more information about the programs and courses offered for undergraduates and graduates.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, transcripts, and a list of reference or letters of recommendation for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not tenure-track, not a part of the faculty bargaining unit, and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
Master’s degree in English or Ph.D. in English or closely related field with teaching experience. The desired candidate(s) need(s) to have the ability to teach courses at the college level.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching undergraduate, graduate, and/or online courses in English and related fields.
Posting Date 07/03/2020 Closing Date 07/31/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0343P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5340 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * Do you have at minimum, an MA in English or a closely related
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Teaching Philosophy
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Art History Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest