AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty, Marketing
Position Type Adjunct Classification Title Adjunct Faculty Position's Functional Title AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty, Marketing Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Business seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in Marketing. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach courses such as Marketing Management, Promotional Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Digital Marketing and Professional Selling. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
- Master’s or higher degree in Marketing, or an MBA with a specialization in Marketing.
- Substantial current managerial or executive experience (more than five years) in Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, or in a closely related field.
- Prior experience teaching Marketing Management, Promotional Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Professional Selling, or Marketing Logistics and Distribution at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- Ability to teach specific courses in Promotional Strategies, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Professional Selling, Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Ability to teach online using the Blackboard e-Learning platform.
- Certifications appropriate to the specific field of expertise.
Posting Date 07/05/2020 Closing Date 07/31/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0349P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5352 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s)
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of managerial or executive experience in
Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, or in a
closely related field do you have?
- 0-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5-7 years
- 7-9 years
- 9+ years
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please describe any experience you have teaching marketing
courses such as Promotional Strategies, Marketing Management,
International Marketing, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior,
Professional Selling and Digital Marketing
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Marketing & Sales Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest