Job Summary: The Research Assistant is responsible for conservation genetics techniques to help generate genotype data. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Extracts DNA from tissue samples.
2. Performs PCR and sequencing reactions.
3. Performs gel electrophoresis.
4. Performs data analysis.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience : • Master’s degree in Biology or related field.
• Experience with DNA extraction, PCR, DNA sequencing, gel electrophoresis, and data analysis. Preferred Education & Experience: • None Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • None Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Knowledge of presentation and training techniques.
• Knowledge of laboratory and research techniques and procedures.
• Ability to perform research and document results.
• Ability to enter and manage data in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work independently in a molecular biology lab. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment: • Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: June 30, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth