Thank you for your interest in becoming a Residential Assistant (RA) at Florida Memorial University. The Resident Assistants are a vital part of a team that is devoted to achieving the objectives of the Department of Housing Operations and Residential Life. As a representative of the University, every RA is required to have and uphold an appropriate and positive image - online and in person. Please review the Resident Assistant responsibilities below:
- Must reside on-campus in University-sponsored housing
- Be available to return early for residence hall check-in and stay through residence hall check-out at the opening and closing of residence halls including all breaks
- Work closely with Residential Hall Coordinators, other Resident Assistants, the Assistant Director and Director of Housing and Residential Life
- Attend staff meetings, one on ones, and other meetings are required
- Organize and implement floor meetings and community programs
- Be available to residents to assist with room conflicts, locks outs, academic advice, and mentorship
- Participate in weekday and weekend duty
- Respond to emergencies
- Act as a positive role model on or off-campus
- Attend all required training and meetings
- Support responsible hall governance
- Enforce FMU policies and regulations and state and federal law
- Refer students to appropriate student services on campus
- Must have basic computer literacy skills
- Document and report maintenance concerns
- Other duties assigned
The minimum qualifications for all potential Resident Assistants are:
- An accumulated G.P.A. of at least 2.75
- 24 hours of earned academic credit
- Enrolled at Florida Memorial University as a full-time student during the time of employment
- Good standing with the university conduct system
- Must have resided on campus for at least one semester; commuters with exceptional qualifications may be considered
- Other work employment must be limited to no more than 10 hours per week.
The following skill sets and interests are necessary to be successful at this job:
- interest in community building with groups and individuals
- effective at communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- interest in group living and in promoting positive community development
- a positive attitude about self, students, faculty, staff, the Office of Housing and Residential Life, and the University
- organized, responsible, and disciplined
- willingness to work both cooperatively and independently
Additionally, complete the second RA application for record purposes, due November 29th https://forms.gle/TBy1EzHPUCEQZmGx7
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, one recommendation must be provided by an FMU faculty or staff member by Nov. 29th.
In your cover letter, describe your potential contributions to the RA position by responding to the following prompts:
- Your role and ideas for residence hall living
- The role of the Resident Assistant (RA)
- Your reasons for applying for this position
- Your qualifications/experiences that you feel would be helpful in performing the duties of an RA
- Please discuss your ideas for an ideal community
- Describe how you manage conflict, anger, and disagreements
- Describe how you create and manage a healthy relationship.
- 1-2 pages maximum; 12 point Times New Roman font; double spaced.
Here is the link to the required recommendation form https://forms.gle/FfFD95TTyNt27PLJA This form is required to complete your application. Please forward this link to the FMU faculty or staff member you have selected as your reference.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Deans Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Residence Life Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens