A successful candidate will collaborate with the facilities and
plant operations team to make sure the cleanliness of University
buildings are always properly cared for.
- Cleans offices, dorms, classrooms, common areas, bathrooms,
halls and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors, and vacuums hallways,
stairs, and office spaces.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceiling, and vents, walls, mattresses,
furniture, windows, and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals
per manufacturer and FMU standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Moves furniture and sets up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for repairs and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and
- Is proficient in all OSHA and local requirements related to all
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40+
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends and some holidays & Emergency
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity