Residential Hall Coordinator
The Residence Hall Coordinator will live on campus and be responsible to provide management and oversight to student residents within the residence hall. Coordinates community and student development through student advisement and counseling; crisis intervention; academic programming; discipline; and training. Will provide supervision and leadership for 4-12 Resident Assistants; developing and executing strategies for student engagement.
- Day-to-day operations of assigned residential hall operations
and the implementation
of departmental policies and procedures; interpreting and enforcing compliance for
Housing Contracts, University Policies, and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Build community among the residents through programming and events.
- Create and maintain housing assignments and occupancy reports.
- Utilize technology and systems to create and improve efficient student-centered services.
- Oversees the communities housed within the residence halls and maintains daily contact with students; faculty; and staff.
- Educate and train on best practices for maintaining a safe
environment for residents
through the creation and implementation of Residential Life programs.
- Other tasks include collaborative events and programming with various departments within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Related housing operations, residential life, and/or campus life experiences required.
- Serve on University, Divisional, and Departmental Committees as requested.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to twenty (25) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of specialized principles or techniques normally obtained through a four-year college/university academic program or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Applicants must be dedicated, motivated, and self-directed individuals with a strong work ethic, strong decision-making and communication skills, and outstanding leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the management of personnel and sports programming; intramural sports preferred-Volleyball, Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer, and Softball.
- Experience in communicating with diverse communities, and in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently; use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Residence Life Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens