The Residence Hall Coordinator will live on campus
responsible to provide management and oversight to student
residents within the residence hall. Coordinates community and
student development through student advisement and counseling;
crisis intervention; academic programming; discipline; and
training. Will provide supervision and leadership for 4-12 Resident
Assistants; developing and executing strategies for student
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Day-to-day operations of assigned residential hall operations
and the implementation
of departmental policies and procedures; interpreting and enforcing
Housing Contracts, University Policies, and all applicable state
and federal laws.
- Build community among the residents through programming and
- Create and maintain housing assignments and occupancy
- Utilize technology and systems to create and improve efficient
- Oversees the communities housed within the residence halls and
maintains daily contact with students; faculty; and staff.
- Educate and train on best practices for maintaining a safe
environment for residents
through the creation and implementation of Residential Life
- Other tasks include collaborative events and programming with
various departments within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Related housing operations, residential life, and/or campus
life experiences required.
- Serve on University, Divisional, and Departmental Committees as
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to twenty (25) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of specialized principles
or techniques normally obtained through a four-year
college/university academic program or an equivalent in-depth
specialized training program directly related to the type of work
- Applicants must be dedicated, motivated, and self-directed
individuals with a strong work ethic, strong decision-making and
communication skills, and outstanding leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the management of
personnel and sports programming; intramural sports
preferred-Volleyball, Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer, and
- Experience in communicating with diverse communities, and in
establishing and maintaining cooperative working
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures
independently; use judgment and discretion to act when precedents
do not exist.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading
skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing
environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity