Visiting Instructor of Accounting
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. This is a visiting faculty position requiring a strong academic background specifically in more than one area of accounting: Principles of Accounting, Managerial Accounting,
Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Federal Income Tax, Advanced Accounting and Auditing.
- Faculty will offer both introductory and advanced courses directly related to scheduled instruction, including: lecture, laboratory, clinical, performance and coaching assignments; preparation for instruction; and student assessment activities.
- Faculty must develop and utilize a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Candidates will also be accountable for collaborative and applied research in various disciplines, including assistance with grant applications and data analysis on funded grants.
- Perform teaching, scholarship, service, professional development, and program assessment for accreditation. Other qualifications include: cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or staff population.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work collaboratively with the other faculty to advance the programs.
- Candidates will also be accountable for collaborative and applied research in various disciplines, including assistance with grant applications and data analysis on funded grants
- Advise students for both academic and career fields.
- A thorough understanding of technology, learning management systems, and computer applications is essential (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas, Powercampus, Jenzabar, LinkedIn Learning).
- Ph.D. in related discipline is required at the time of initial appointment. Strong research background in business fields.
- Experience teaching in higher education. Applicants with research and teaching in all areas of accountancy will be considered.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.