A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics
program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure
student-athletes are provided with opportunities and services to
help them succeed academically. All coaching positions will provide
support to athletics activities, have daily contact with the
public, and requires the ability to interact (internally and
externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at all
Responsible for assisting the head coach with the overall
management of the Men’s Basketball program, establishing and
adhering to policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines in
compliance with the policies, procedures, regulations, and
guidelines of all University, NAIA, conference, state, and federal
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Represent Florida Memorial University in a positive manner with
the highest degree of ethics and integrity. Promote and support the
mission of Florida Memorial University.
- Assist with organizing and directing all aspects of the Men’s
Basketball program: organizing practice sessions to enhance the
team’s performance as a highly visible sport.
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce
the code of conduct for both players and the team.
- Coordinate with Head Coach on meetings prior to and during the
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being
- Assist the Head Coach with team evaluation and assure that the
team is organized and within the code of conduct.
- Assist with mitigating low-level grievances and complaints
between coaches and parents.
- Manage recruiting strategies through scouting, attending
tournaments, and home visits, in accordance with the Sun Conference
- Work to raise funds by developing activities, camps, and/or
clinics to enhance the Men’s Basketball Program.
- Participate in institutional professional development and
training. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and
FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Provide administrative efforts, events and programming, game
operations, research, and presentation. This also includes but is
not limited to team communication and hospitality guidelines.
Representation at various South Florida business functions,
industry conventions, business seminars, and meetings as
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Practical analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is critical as well as dependability.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to
plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting is
required (i.e., set-up of scorers’ table, etc.), and some manual
labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching
experience. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern
in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the
required experience. Travel is necessary.
- Experience in intercollegiate athletic program administration;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn
Learning, as well as knowledge and understanding of the
organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
Familiar with Jenzabar technology suite for higher education and
Banner financial system.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity