Visiting Instructor of Finance
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. This is a visiting faculty position requiring a strong academic background specifically in finance to teach finance courses in commercial banking and/or financial institutions at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The ability and willingness to teach a basic corporate finance class and a personal financial planning course on occasion is desirable.
Faculty will offer both introductory and advanced courses directly related to scheduled instruction, including: lecture, laboratory, clinical, performance and coaching assignments; preparation for instruction; and student assessment activities. Faculty must develop and utilize a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Perform teaching, scholarship, service, professional development, and program assessment for accreditation. Other qualifications include: cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or staff population.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work collaboratively with the other faculty to advance the programs.
- Candidates will also be accountable for collaborative and applied research in various disciplines, including assistance with grant applications and data analysis on funded grants.
- Advise students for both academic and career fields.
- A thorough understanding of technology, learning management systems, and computer applications is essential (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas, Powercampus, Jenzabar, LinkedIn Learning).
- Ph.D. in related discipline is required at the time of initial appointment. Strong research background in business fields.
- Experience teaching in higher education. Applicants with research and teaching in all areas of accountancy will be considered.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug-testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Economics Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens