A successful candidate will support and play an active role in
FMU's existing academic success. The Intramural Sports &
Leadership Coordinator shall have the primary responsibility to
create and supervise the intramural sports program and assist in
the supervision and coverage of the JC Sams Student Activity
Center. In addition to assisting The Director of Leadership,
Intercultural Initiatives & Engagement with leadership
curriculum development. Additionally, c ollaborate with staff and
administration to ensure students are provided with opportunities
and services to help them succeed academically. All coaching
positions will provide support to student activities, have daily
contact with the public, and requires the ability to interact
(internally and externally) in a professional, positive, and
tactful manner at all times.
Under minimal supervision; manages the day-to-day office operations
of Intramurals and the J.C. Sams Student Activity Center:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work directly with the Director of Leadership, Intercultural
Initiatives, and Student Engagement to help supervise daily,
weekend, and evening activities of the intramural sports program
and activities within the Student Center.
- Schedule sports seasons, tournaments, and events with learning
outcomes establish and monitored for all events.
- Plan and implement Official training for the various
- Provide feedback as well as end-of-semester performance
evaluations on all student staff.
- Coordinate equipment management and maintenance, safety checks,
and assist with other relevant risk management issues.
- Assist with creating, planning, and implementing their learning
outcomes activities within the JC Sams Student Activity Center for
daytime and evening programming.
- Directs student, work-study, casual, volunteer, and classified
staff. Hires and trains student workers to carry out programs and
activities to promote learning and student development.
Participates in performance evaluations and corrective action with
student leaders and staff.
- Coordinates district-wide activities and programs with other
Student Leadership Coordinators. Develops promotional materials and
advertising of events. Provides event oversight
- Co-supervision of the JC Sams Student Activity Center.
- Support Lions Entertainment Board (L.E.B) and ensure all
student programs are in compliance with student organization and
- Supervise student workers and provide feedback as well as
end-of-semester performance evaluations on all student staff.
- Serve on divisional and university committees as assigned by
the AVP of Student Affairs.
- Liaison with Esports
- Liaison with Mail Center
- Liaison with Campus Bookstore
- Liaison with Athletics
- Attend Division of Student Affairs meetings, programs, and
professional opportunities as assigned by supervisor.
- This list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not
all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does
not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically
relate to the position.
- Ability to work collaboratively, ethically, and cooperatively
with all Student Affairs departments and other FMU
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU's Code of Conduct and policies and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions
will be given careful consideration.
- Adhere to the FMU Code of Conduct.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's preferred in Recreation
Administration, Higher Ed/ Student Affairs/ Student Development /
Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field.
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience working in a college or
university setting is preferred; working with young adults is
- Applicants must be dedicated, motivated, and self-directed
individuals with a strong work ethic, strong decision-making and
communication skills, and outstanding leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the management of
personnel and sports programming; intramural sports preferred.
- Experience in communicating with diverse communities, and in
establishing and maintaining cooperative working
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures
independently; use judgment and discretion to act when precedents
do not exist.
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications are
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning, as well
as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with the Jenzabar
technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, and
ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity