Associate Director, Industry Ventures - (STA006118)
Designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive and proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing relationships with industry partners interested in increasing industry sponsored research and licensing UH intellectual property. Evaluates and analyzes markets, particularly in Houston and across Texas, to identify potential partners. Identifies, markets and collaborates with potential industry partners to expand the innovation ecosystem at the Technology Bridge.
- Manages a portfolio of partnership opportunities across
multiple industry verticals (pharma/biotech/medical, energy,
industrials, information technology, etc.).
- Identifies industry partners who may pursue sponsored research
or license UH technologies.
- Partners with faculty researchers and inventors to identify
areas of research collaboration and licensing/commercialization of
- Responsible for setting goals for the portfolios that
contribute to the delivery of the OTTI strategy.
- Leads the negotiation of new and amended technology transfer
agreements (licenses, options and IP related research agreements)
of high complexity with external entities.
- Negotiates and executes, in collaboration with the faculty and
the Offices of Contracts and Grants, master research agreements, IP
language, licenses, and any other agreements with industry
- Monitors industry sponsored research spending and related
- Manages support staff, such as licensing associates/assistants,
administrative support, and/or interns.
- Collaborates with Communications team to develop marketing and
outreach strategies to attract industry partners.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 7 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job related experience.