SUMMARY: A Standardized Patient (SP) provides students in chiropractic and health science programs with the opportunity to develop, practice and enhance interviewing, communication, physical examination and non-invasive technical skills under the supervision of the Director of Assessment and Accreditation, faculty and/or staff members, and works collaboratively with the Assessment Center Coordinator.
An SP position requires a flexible work schedule on an on-call basis as needed by Logan University. This is a per diem position with advance scheduling and no minimum hours of work guaranteed.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Memorizes scenario patient information (i.e, history, symptoms, behavior) and portrays the “patient” in the same manner consistently with each student.
- Portrays a variety of patient scenarios to meet the needs of Logan University.
- Participates in healthcare related interviews, physical examinations, and non-invasive technical procedures that may include wearing a patient gown with only undergarments underneath, while on camera and/or observed live through an observation window or video monitor.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and may be asked to provide constructive feedback on student performance.
- Demonstrates reliability, punctuality, and dependability in working on a per diem, on-call basis.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with an emotionally mature composure.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to patient cases, student behaviors, and evaluation feedback.
- Understands and adheres to Logan University compliance
standards as they appear in the Guidelines and Expectations for the
Standardized Patient document.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield