SUMMARY: This position provides assistance to the library faculty and staff in support of the efficient operation of the Learning Resources Center. T his Position is a part time position. It consists of 2 evenings a week and every other weekend.
The specific duties include:
- In conjunction with all other personnel, support and advance the vision and mission of the University.
- Provide basic reference assistance, including chat.
- Circulate library materials by checking materials in and out using Sierra online catalog.
- Perform all opening and closing library procedures during evenings and weekends.
- Collect and enter circulation statistics onto spreadsheet.
- Provide back up for computer lab assistants other staff members.
- Provide photocopies or electronic copies as requested by alumni, field doctors and interlibrary loan services.
- Provide assistance with the “In Touch” publication.
- Prepare cataloged materials for circulation – reinforce materials and affix labels according to library procedure; make minor repairs to books and other materials.
- Assist with shelf reading, shelve books, media and other resources
- Assist with overall orderliness of the library stacks, journals collection, and the facility in general.
- Receive and direct incoming telephone, fax, and e-mail requests and relay messages.
- Recommend and/or implement policy and procedural changes that enhance the effectiveness of personnel, activities, and programs.
- Participate in appropriate university ceremonies, programs, task forces, committees, accreditation and program development activities, etc.
- Prepare reports on activities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
COMPETENCIES: Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; Must be able to respond to requests for service and assistance in a pleasant manner, while handling a variety of detailed tasks; Requires good organizational and communication skills; Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities in order to deal with competing demands, while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum of a High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required; library experience preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policy and procedure manuals and general directions. Ability to communicate using written documentation. Ability to compute basic math calculations. Ability to follow and carry out instructions. Adaptable problem solving ability.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have computer experience. Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a computer and keyboard. In addition, the employee must be able to communicate verbally with library staff and users. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms while shelving books and checking them out. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel to shelve books. The employee must frequently lift books weighing from 10 to 30 pounds and occasionally lift books weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 lbs. Close vision needed to use computer and to read shelves. Color vision required when using research information databases in order to distinguish different screens. Must have distance vision and depth perception for safety purposes when pushing carts full of books.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust; and is occasionally subjected to fluctuations in room temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud at times.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days or sick days.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield