SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief of Compliance and Engagement, the Risk Manager assesses liability, handles claims, develops internal controls to reduce the likelihood of loss and improve outcomes. This position is responsible for managing data, analyzing and reporting on safety initiatives, and other quality and risk management data to identify performance improvement opportunities. The Risk Manager will work collaboratively across campus constituencies to help promote compliance and a culture of safety. This position will coordinate the response to occurrences, including complaints, safety events and emergencies; and will facilitate analysis to identify opportunities for improvement as well as to minimize potential liability from identified occurrences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement an overall institutional risk management process to include a system to identify both the negative and positive impact of risk on the campus community and educational enterprise
- Perform risk assessments, with the analysis of financial impact on organizational decisions
- Manage all claims and investigate incidents, analyzing viability, risk and providing solutions to minimize exposure.
- Develop and update risk management policy and safety standards to be appropriate with regulatory standards and best practice
- Maintenance of institutional administrative policies, insurance claims and records related to loss experience
- Assist in the review of major contracts, proposed new programs or facilities
- Provide support, education and training to build risk awareness
- Along with key staff, coordinates the response in the event of a campus emergency or evacuation
COMPETENCIES: Should have a strong grasp of insurance, business continuity and reports that include financial analysis of risk . Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain continuous improvement and high levels of safety, quality, and efficiency. Must be organized and detailed in financial analysis and managing regulatory documents in order to maintain organizational, local, state, and federal compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in related field in conjunction with combination of work experience and education/certifications. Preference given to those with risk management and quality improvement experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of computers including word processing and spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Required as appropriate to degree possessed.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Logan University strives to be an educational leader that is authentic, intentional and strategic about diversity, fairness and the development of an inclusive campus community. We acknowledge and respect the differences in human experience that shapes and enriches education, healthcare, society and our institution.
It is our expectation that all employees support the mission and vision of the university, and carry out their professional duty aligned with Logan University Values: Diversity, Empathy, Student First, Positive Attitude, Evidence Informed, Character and Teamwork.
Logan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All Logan employees are expected to complete annual compliance training by assigned deadlines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment in this position is characteristic of a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield