SUMMARY: The financial analyst is a new position at Logan University and a key role to the growth and continuous improvement of the University. The financial analyst will be primarily responsible for preparation of the annual University wide budget, preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports and analysis and support of various functions in the accounting department. The University is implementing a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and the financial analyst will be a key member of the team that configures and roles out the budget and analysis tools available in the system.
The financial analyst should be a curious, self-starter with above above-average Excel skills. They should be customer service oriented and enjoy working with people.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take a lead role, with the Controller, in implementing and managing the budget module and financial analysis and reporting module of the University’s new ERP system.
- Work hand-in-hand with budget managers from each department at the University to prepare their annual, 3-year, and capital budgets.
- Analyze budget-to-actual reports and assist budget managers in understanding the details of their own departments results as compared to budget.
- Provide ad-hoc budget assistance, in the form of analysis, report development, or education to department budget managers.
- Analyze investment return and sources and uses of cash to prepare monthly cash flow analysis.
- Develop and maintain monthly financial analysis for use by the Controller, CFO and President’s Cabinet. This may include ratio analysis, analysis of historical trend, graphs or charts.
- Work with the Office of Strategic Performance to assist with financial aspects of regulatory reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis to other departments as needed. Examples include, but are not limited to: analysis of student tuition payments, analysis of scholarship dollars, analysis of travel expenses.
- Be a resource and backup for key functions in the accounting department, such as reconciliation between systems, required daily processes like deposits or journal entries, and assisting students with billing questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the financial analysist must:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to interact with people at several different levels in the university, both with and without any experience with financial reporting or budgeting, in a professional manner.
- Experience with financial modeling, forecasting, trend analysis and problem solving through modeling.
- Be comfortable learning new software systems and configuring them to best suite the University’s needs.
- Have excellent Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to research complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Financial Analyst must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and be able to explain financial reports to individuals with or without a financial background.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a focus on accounting, finance or general business required plus three years hands-on accounting or financial experience. Preferred requirements include Master’s degree in accounting or finance, Certified Public Accountant, or experience in a non-profit and/or education setting.
Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Logan University strives to be an educational leader that is authentic, intentional and strategic about diversity, fairness and the development of an inclusive campus community. We acknowledge and respect the differences in human experience that shapes and enriches education, healthcare, society and our institution.
It is our expectation that all employees support the mission and vision of the university, and carry out their professional duty aligned with Logan University Values: Diversity, Empathy, Student First, Positive Attitude, Evidence Informed, Character and Teamwork.
Logan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All Logan employees are expected to complete annual compliance training by assigned deadlines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are typical of an office job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands while performing the duties of this job to type on computer, handle files, documents, pens, pencils, staplers, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms when filing and using office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift computer reports weighing up to 10 pounds and sometimes lift and/or move boxes of records or files weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to converse with staff members, and students.
NOTES: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days or sick days at all locations, and to work with administration in the attainment of the College’s missions and goals.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield