HVAC Engineer (Second Shift)
Posting Number S01244 Position Title HVAC Engineer (Second Shift) Internal Position Title HVAC Engineer Department H.V.A.C. Position Type Staff Job Family Classified LCFT Job Summary
College of Lake County is looking for a HVAC Engineer, who, under the supervision of the Supervising HVAC Engineer or designee, services all mechanical systems; inspects equipment; assists in emergency repairs.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two years experience with HVAC systems and subsystems.
Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and over 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, and maneuver in tight places (in and around machinery), with or without reasonable accommodations.
Ability to work on lifts or ladders, with our without reasonable accommodations.
Frequent bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and continuous sitting, walking and standing.
Ability to read and interpret technical manuals pertaining to facilities and equipment installed and serviced.
Effective communication skills.
Practical and demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
Ability to effectively handle working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Graduate of an accredited HVAC certificate program preferred.
Universal Refrigerant Certification preferred.
Prior work experience with commercial HVAC systems.
Valid Stationary Engineer License.
Posting Date 06/23/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
Please note this is a 2nd shift position: Monday through Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Open until filled
Pay Rate $22.60/Hr. + $.50 Shift Differential Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1) Services all mechanical systems, which includes all cooling, heating boilers, chillers, controls and ventilation systems.
2) Inspects equipment to ensure it is functioning properly.
3) Services food service equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, steam tables, and kitchen exhaust fans.
4) Assists in emergency and major repairs.
5) Assists in monitoring building automation system and troubleshooting in problem areas.
6) Provides leadership and assistance to the maintenance personnel.
7) Implements preventive maintenance on all equipment.
8) Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
9) Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned by the HVAC Supervisor or designee.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least two years' experience with HVAC systems
- * Are you a graduate of an accredited HVAC certificate program?
- * Do you have Universal Refrigerant Certification?
- * Do you have prior work experience with commercial HVAC
- * Do you have a Stationary Engineer License?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document