Community Éxito Program Mentor
Posting Number S01253 Position Title Community Éxito Program Mentor Internal Position Title Department Multicultural Student Center Position Type Volunteer Job Family Volunteer Job Summary
The Éxito Program supports recent high school graduates, first year, or returning full or part-time students, persists from semester to semester with the goal of graduation/ transferring to a 4-year University. The professional mentoring program is minimal investment of time for mentors to provide a lifelong impact for a CLC student.
A professional mentor shall be able to share his/her real life experience, supporting CLC students enhance their academic skills, encourage using college resources, and develop a healthy social networking. A professional mentor will be paired with 1 to 4 students who are assigned to him or her as mentees.
Professional mentors can expect to complete a 90-minute training to address program expectations, communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and more. A professional mentor commits to supporting a mentee email, phone, or text at least once a week. Virtual meetings will happen once a month.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Committed to student success.
- at least 30-60 minutes a month to mentor a CLC student
- Associate degree or higher
- CLC Alumnae
- Community Leader.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience in Mentoring
Posting Date 06/23/2020 Closing Date 02/26/2021 Expected Start Date 07/06/2020 Special Instructions Summary
To ensure the best possible mentor for our CLC students, please complete the following questions. Please write a short 2-3 sentences, and upload the document with your application.
1. Why do you want to be a mentor?
2. Give an example of an effective mentor relationship.
3. Give an example of an ineffective mentor relationship and ideas to re-engage a mentee.
Pay Rate Volunteer Full-Time/Part-Time Volunteer Location Extension Sites Total Hours per week 30-60 minutes a week or bi-weekly and once a month 60-minutes virtually. Work Schedule
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1) Interpersonal skills.
2) Compassionate with supporting the CLC student academic experience and connect with resources inside the college
3) Ability to document meetings of interaction with mentees on a Microsoft Form monthly.
4) Values cultural differences
5) Establish set meeting times with student. (via text, zoom or facetime)
6) Set clear boundaries.
7) Participate in mentor/mentee kickoff and once a month mentor social with students, Professional Mentors and coordinators.
8) Commit to a one-year mentoring relationship with student.
9) Contact program coordinator with any concerns
10) Connect with program coordinator twice a semester for a check in.
11) Complete a mentor matching form.
12) Complete a post program evaluation.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Are you committed to student success?
- * Can you provide at least 30-60 minutes a month to mentor a
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Are you bi-cultural?
- * Do you have mentoring experience?
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document
- Availability Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake