Technician, Lab, Aviation Programs
The Laboratory Technician within the Aviation Division is responsible to support aviation faculty and students in the lab and hangar environment in a safe and expedient manner. The position is responsible for maintaining the laboratory/hangar facilities, equipment, and required supplies in a clean and orderly manner to allow the faculty to focus on instructing student learning outcomes.
Under general supervision, the Lab Technician coordinates the preparation of aviation laboratory exercises and activities. This coordination includes ensuring all equipment, tooling, and expendable supplies are in place and sufficient for the requirements of each session. Other duties include, taking inventory and recommending purchases of supplies/materials, as needed, troubleshooting problems and maintaining/repairing equipment. The incumbent must practice good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently. The individual must meet Transportation Security Administration (TSA) badging requirements to function in the Airport Operating Area at Piedmont Triad International (PTI) airport.
Education Required: -High School Diploma -Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Mechanics Certificate with Airframe and Power plant ratings for Aviation Systems Technology courses or Valid FCC or NCAT ratings for Avionics course. -Current driver's license in good standing.
Education Preferred: -Associate's degree in Aviation Maintenance or Avionics with an FAA Airframe License from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
Experience Required: -Two years relevant work experience in an Aviation Maintenance or Avionics industry/academic laboratory environment
Experience Preferred: -Post-secondary lab/shop experience in Aviation Systems Technology or Avionics Technology -Experience maintaining and auditing laboratory/shop environments.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Jamestown
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Jamestown
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Jamestown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Jamestown
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Jamestown