PT Contributing Faculty, PhD Management Dissertation Mentor (Virtual)
Walden's Ph.D. in Management, DBA, MBA, and BSBA degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association that identifies and supports excellence in business education.
Walden’s College of Management and Technology seeks contributing faculty who are experienced researchers to fill part-time academic faculty positions. These contributing faculty members will report to the PhD Management Program Director. Part-time faculty are primarily responsible for student research mentoring within the doctoral degree programs of the PhD Management program in the College and Management and Technology. Specifically, faculty will be required to chair and/or serve as second members on dissertation committees as methodologists and/content experts. They may also be asked to serve as University Research Reviewers (URR). Infrequently and based on student enrollment, when applicable, they will be invited to instruct content courses or to instruct research methodology courses they are credentialed to teach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training: All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the use of an electronic learning platforms (Blackboard), specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to serve, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.SafeAssign.com or TurnitIn), to support research supervision of doctoral dissertations.
Faculty Members, including committee chairs, are assigned a course, which is taught using the Blackboard platform, and are responsible for interacting with students within this platform. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, postings and responses must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University and the program to which they are assigned. As such, Contributing Faculty members are expected to be in classrooms a minimum of 4 days per week and post responses to student’s questions within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the quality of student postings and submissions, and to provide feedback and grades to students through Blackboard.
PhD Management Contributing faculty members primary responsibility will be to chair and/or serve as second members on doctoral dissertation committees as methodologists and/or content experts. Another responsibility Contributing faculty members may have are assignments as University Research Reviewers (URRs) for doctoral dissertations. Infrequently and based on student enrollment, and when applicable, Contributing Faculty may be asked to participate in university and school-based residencies, and will be invited to instruct content courses or to instruct research methodology courses, they are credentialed to teach.
Contributing faculty should be reasonably accessible to their students. Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside of the course discussion board. In addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings, faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, or other appropriate documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• PhD in management or a related field from an accredited institution required
• Proof of serving on at least 4 doctoral committees (preferably Chair of the committee)
• Evidence of continuing scholarly or creative work within the past 5 years. Proficient in APA 6th edition
• Strong research methodology background in quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods in research
• Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment; supervising student research (at the graduate level); commitment to the promotion of applied research that contributes to Walden's mission of contributing to positive social change
• Excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relation skills
• Experience working in an online instructional setting at the graduate level
• Participation in Mentor Training will be required
• Must have access and be comfortable in electronic communication environment (Blackboard preferred). Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office 365 preferred).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis