AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science
Position Type Adjunct Classification Title Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science Position's Functional Title AY20-21 Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates for the College of Arts and Sciences to teach courses in Computer Science. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach computer science and Information Technology courses. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Two years of teaching or in field professional employment.
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Doctorate degree and prior higher-education teaching experience are preferred.
- Industry Certificates
Posting Date 06/20/2020 Closing Date 07/31/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0335P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5309 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the graduate level?
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest