Family Nurse Practitioner Faculty – Universities at Shady Grove
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for a full-time doctoral-prepared Family Nurse Practitioner faculty member to join the Department of Family and Community Health, working primarily in the Universities at Shady Grove location.
The top-ranked face-to-face Family Nurse Practitioner specialty at UMSON prepares advanced practice nurses to be primary health care providers for individuals of all ages and their families. UMSON enrolls more than 1,900 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland, graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, and social work. Its interdisciplinary graduate school has more than 40 programs in the biosciences, law, and social work, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with government agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
· Participate in the development, teaching, organization, and evaluation of clinical and didactic education in the Family Nurse Practitioner Specialty at USG and Baltimore campuses
· Advise FNP DNP students
· Evaluate students in clinical settings, including conducting site visits to preceptor locations
· Maintain active practice as an APRN in clinical practice as FNP
· Precept students in clinical practice
· Maintain an active program of scholarship
· Participate in faculty governance
· Provide service to the school, university, and profession
· Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field required.
· FNP board certification required.
· Current experience as an FNP providing care across the life span required.
· Current license to practice as an APRN nursing in Maryland required.
· Prior academic experience required.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore