Posting Number 2020340 Posting/Functional Title Archaeological Technician University Pay Plan Title Grant Specialist Location Other - Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri Department Center for Archaeological Studies Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary Commensurate with experience Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or related field.
GIS experience, in particular the use of ArcGIS.
Archaeological experience in Missouri or the Ozark region.
Experience reviewing and analyzing project impacts on cultural resources.
Experience with developing, managing, and organizing cultural resources data and associated files and maintain version control.
This position is for Archaeological Technician for the Fort Leonard Wood Cultural Resources Management Program.
The main objective of this support is to assist the Fort Leonard Wood Cultural Resources Management ( CRM ) specialist with maintaining site summary databases; compiling and interpreting previously collected data; researching reference materials; conducting public outreach and education; and conducting field and laboratory studies.
Review CRM reports and site forms to compile site summaries.
Update and maintain site summary databases.
Prepare GIS maps and work with GIS Specialist in maintaining Fort Leonard Wood CRM databases.
Participate in public outreach and education activities.
Additional Information to Applicants
The position shall be located in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
This is a one-year position with the possibility of renewal if funding is available.
Job Open Date 06/16/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/32907 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos