Assistant/Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a national model for metropolitan universities. In collaboration with our many regional partners, we offer our students an experiential learning environment graced with outstanding teaching scholars.
The Occupational Therapy Department at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga invites nominations and applications for a 9-month Tenure Track position (open rank) to begin August 1, 2020. We are specifically looking for candidates to complement current faculty expertise.
The successful candidate will engage in teaching, scholarship, and service. Opportunities exist to maintain clinical practice.
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful tenure track candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in occupational therapy
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in Tennessee
- An earned terminal degree (i.e. PhD, Ed.D, DSc, DHS, or OTD) in occupational therapy or related discipline
- Experience of teaching in a classroom or clinical setting
- Evidence of professional engagement
- Minimum of five (4) years of clinical experience,
- Ability and willingness to teach courses in his/her area of clinical or research experience.
- Willingness to engage in assisting the UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified in UTC's Strategic Plan, including demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Teaching or clinical experience in the area of their expertise.
- An active research program or demonstrated potential for scholarship
- Demonstrate an ability to present a positive and professional attitude when dealing with students, clinical staff and clients, the local community and the national professional community.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- A letter of interest
- A current curriculum vitae,
- Unofficial copies of transcripts
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
Applications are currently being accepted and will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status