AVP for the Office of Economic Engagement and Government Relations
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title AVP for the Office of Economic Engagement and Government Relations Department Government, Corp & Foundation Engagement Compensation Title Position Number 30000231 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
M-F 8:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the University’s efforts to increase engagement with external stakeholders. The office coordinates and connects the university’s resources with strategic opportunities that foster economic growth, develop public private partnerships, and strengthen relationships with businesses large and small. The office serves as the front door for NKU’s relationships for strategic partnerships. The office serves as the main liaison to local, state, and federal governments.
Liaison to Kentucky General Assembly, Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, federal and local government entities
Coordinate and manage the strategic engagement of external partners with the University to increase economic engagement and/or economic development.
Work with university leadership and external partners to develop public private partnerships that advance the Success By Design framework, the region, and all partners
Serve as a front door/point person that coordinates strategic relationships (corporate, government, and community) across the University
In conjunction with academic affairs, coordinate the outreach of corporate education outreach
Provide direct counsel and advice to President, VPUA and university leaders regarding economic engagement and government relations activities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and ten or more years of related experience is required;
- 10 years or more experience working in local, state, or federal government relations and working in corporate or community or economic development on progressive projects.
- A proven track record of success working with government entities securing funding.
- A proven track record of success engaging corporations and partners for recruiting, research, partnerships, or philanthropic support of an organization.
- Ability to work in a complex system that emphasizes measurable objectives. Superior communication skills with the ability to speak credibly about higher education and the aspirations of the University with clarity.
- Succinct and effective written and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to work with a diverse student body, staff, and constituents.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 10 years Salary Pay Grade UN
Requisition Number 2020S1237 Job Open Date 06/09/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9490 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport