Physician- Hospital Medicine
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry seek a part-time internist at William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor rank. The successful candidate will be expected to practice in the primary location of Weston, WV.
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the area of primary care (internal medicine or family medicine). In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, it is expected that candidates sustain an outstanding, extramurally supported research program.
Qualifications: Applicants must have an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible to obtain a West Virginia medical license. Candidates must have completed an accredited internal medicine or family medicine residency program and be board eligible or certified in internal or family medicine at the time of appointment. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, a demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals are required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital is a 150-bed, fully-accredited state psychiatric hospital and winner of an APA state/university collaboration award. The hospital provides treatment of involuntarily committed adults with a variety of diagnoses and has a dynamic forensic psychiatry program. While the facility is operated by the state Department of Health and Human Resources, our professional staff (psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers) is employed as faculty members of WVU School of Medicine, hired through the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry. Sharpe Hospital is an active training site for WVU Psychiatry residents, forensic fellows, and students of medicine and other disciplines. Clinical experience is enhanced by dedicated time for research and teaching. WVU faculty positions include regionally competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of eleven member hospitals and five hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit http://wvumedicine.org/ and apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/careers/ . For additional information, please contact Pam Furbee, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com .
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Pediatrics Not specified Part Time jobs in Valley Chapel