Duties and Responsibilities
Application Pool Notice
Laredo College continuously accepts applications for part-time
(adjunct) instructors to create a pool of candidates for each
session/semester. Applications will be reviewed and positions will
be filled based on department needs. Applications received for this
pool will remain active for one year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide a safe environment for students; encourage students to use
available support services; encourage group activities and
involvement of classes within Health Sciences as appropriate.
Collaborate with support services to ensure information is shared
and discussed. Prepare a professional development plan in
consultation with the department chair; review the plan on an
on-going basis with the Program Director or designated person; work
with assigned peer mentor; serve as peer mentor as requested.
Promote the college's programs and curricula.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
NOTICE: Required Documents
- Ensure instructional quality for the student as assessed by
content mastery and competency-based skills.
- Create, modify, and implement health programs curriculum
- Identify, collaborate, and evaluate clinical sites for student
- Maintain current and unrestricted licensure, level of
expertise, and remain current in discipline changes via
conferences, continuing education units, course work, journals,
- Ensure course syllabi clearly reflect expectations of the
students, including new competencies identified through the
systematic program evaluation.
- Effective written and oral communication with students on all
information pertinent to student business, such as email or website
course requirements, grade determination, testing, other
assignments, and information regarding other departmental
- Compile, administer, and grade course work in a timely manner.
Inform students of course progression and must be able to develop
personalized educational plans to promote student success.
- Maintain security of assigned equipment, classrooms, office,
and all other teaching materials.
- Maintain HIPPA and FERPA standards.
- Provide information and/or data as needed for educational,
funding, and/or accrediting agencies.
- Follow the procedures related to the Registrar's Office such as
grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal
deadline; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Follow Laredo College's course, faculty, and student evaluation
- Follow the proper procedures for requesting textbooks,
instructional supplies, expendable supplies, and travel
- Submit travel and absence reports within one week.
- Substitute for colleagues when necessary.
- Prepare, assign, and direct the students in library research
and/or outside assignments.
- Follow the academic calendar as approved by the LC Board of
- Participate in institutional and departmental committees
Southern Association accreditation activities; implement
Institutional Effectiveness plan in occupation area; and program
- Participate in assessment, implementation, and evaluation of
Institutional Effectiveness measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your
resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or
certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your
- Associate Degree with appropriate credentials in a health
- Three years of clinical and/or a combination of clinical and
teaching experience at a community college and/or senior college
level institution in the teaching discipline.
- Current health science profession credentials (state and/or
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree plus health science profession
The faculty demonstrates:
- Pedagogical competency focused on student learning and
- Ability to collect data, evaluate and submit reports
- Use of current technology to enhance teaching effectiveness
(use Microsoft Office is required)
- Professionalism and effective oral and written communication
skills with the public, students, colleagues, and
- Ability to operate specialized simulation and laboratory
- Ability to develop and use various teaching strategies
- Willingness to work flexible schedules which include: days,
evenings, and weekends, as needed.
Students in classroom, lab, and clinical sites
Interim Medical Assistant Program Director, Allied Health Programs
Director, and Dean of Health Sciences/Nursing Programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up
to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging
in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of
1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo
Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin
who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore,
Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no
applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of
race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or
national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any
contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm
failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency
from an approved stated education agency or having membership with
the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a
course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a
certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree
equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA.
This report must be attached to your online application at the time
of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following
links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However,
you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities
may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add,
change amend, or delete portions of this job description at any
time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition,
reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential