Part Time Therapist
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for the position of a Temporary Part Time Therapist in The Citadel Counseling Center. This position will work a maximum of 28 hours per week. Provide intake evaluations for counseling services, assessments, short-term personal counseling, crisis intervention, substance abuse assessments, treatment, and referrals for off-campus services for currently enrolled students. Provide consultation services to students, staff, faculty, students' parents/family members, health care professionals, and other constituencies within the college and off-campus. Provide preventive educational programming and outreach to students, staff, and faculty. Complete other administrative duties as assigned.
- Masters or doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field is required.
- Current license as a Psychologist, LPC, LPC/S, LMSW, LISW, or a related field in South Carolina, or the ability to earn a license as a mental health professional in South Carolina, is required.
- Fulfill job responsibilities based on the state law and national ethical standards consistent with the applicant’s degree and license, as well as according to the policies and procedures of the Counseling Center.
- Experience providing counseling and related services in a college or university counseling center is preferred.
- Experience providing short-term therapy is preferred.
- Experience providing counseling services with older adolescents and young adults is preferred.
- Experience working as a therapist in a setting similar to a military college is preferred.
The amount of supervision provided and the degree of employee's independence will be based on the current licensure status and the number of years of job experience of the employee.
In addition to the online application, applicants should submit the following:
*Letter of interest
*Name and contact information for three recent professional references.
These can be attached to the online application or can be submitted to the:
Office of Human Resources
171 Moultrie Street
Charleston, SC 29409
Advertised: Jun 05 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Charleston
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Charleston
- Counsellor Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Charleston
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Charleston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Charleston