Adjunct Lab Instructor - Physical Therapist Assistant
Work Site Location: Lewis-Clark State College - This is not a remote position.
Under the direction of the Program Director and Health Professions Division Chair, this position is responsible for serving as an adjunct instructor in the North Idaho College Physical Therapist Assistant Program on the Lewis-Clark State College campus, Lewiston, Idaho. In coordination with the Program Director, this position provides support to students, and participates in orientation activities, faculty team meetings, and all teaching activities.
Two courses available, 4 -10 hours per week.
- Meet classes/laboratories on days and times as assigned according to the current academic calendar.
- In coordination with the Program Director, develop and implement instruction for each class and laboratory period, consistent with the official course outline.
- Provide instruction and supervision of students in the laboratory setting.
- Develop and distribute during the first week of class, a written syllabus for each course to communicate to students, course outcomes, grading criteria and classroom policies.
- Coordinate with the program director to develop processes and tools for assessment to ensure student learning occurs.
- Periodically, evaluate student progress toward meeting course outcomes; advise the students about methods of evaluation and the results of the evaluation.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings, as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities, as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college, and the Physical Therapist Assistant program.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, faculty, colleagues, staff, students and the community.
Education and Experience : Associate’s Degree and 3 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Three years full-time relevant clinical experience as Physical Therapist (PT), Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Occupational Therapist (OT), or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) is required.
Required License and/or Certifications : Must be a licensed PT, PTA, OT, or COTA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate teaching effectiveness.
• Knowledge of current learning technologies.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
This position is open until filled
Advertised: 05 Jun 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene