Professional Tutor - Writing Specialist (part-time, 9 month)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The part-time writing specialist supports learning by providing professional tutoring and academic support to students at all levels of the University. Specialists are primarily engaged in assisting students with academic writing across all disciplines, but they may assist students with comprehension and research as well. This is a part-time, 9-month academic year position working Monday – Thursday (3:00 pm – 8:00 pm) and Saturday’s (10:00 am – 3:00 pm).
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in the humanities or social sciences required.
- Experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Able to utilize excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen with empathy and respect, communicate clearly, and convey courtesy, patience, sincerity and a desire to help.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and faculty, characterized by cooperation, attention to detail, flexibility, reliability, efficiency and personal responsibility.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion in regard to student records, the nature of a student’s Academic Support Center appointments, and, if applicable, disability.
- Able to interact with diverse personalities and populations with respect and sensitivity.
- Able to handle testing materials and administer tests with integrity and strict adherence to instructions.
- Able to utilize technology including social media effectively.
- Availability to work Monday – Thursday (3:00 pm – 8:00 pm) and Saturday’s (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) during the academic year.
- Sitting or standing at desk/worktable with student(s); moving about the office; moving about the campus.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.