Sports Information Director
Notre Dame of Maryland University seeks to fill a full-time Sports Information Director position within the Athletics Department. The Sports Information Director is responsible for keeping accurate records and maintaining publications and online presence.
Essential functions include:
- Production of publications - sports schedules, recruiting brochures, game programs, media guide, alumnae/parent newletters.
- Statistics and records keeping and reporting-update and maintain statistics and team and individual records, report statistics and results to NCAA, CSAC, and Coaching Associations.
- Media/Public Relations - generate press releases, coordinate with sports information offices and provide requested information.
- Update both the Athletics and Coaching Association websites.
- Write game stories for all athletic contests for publication on the Athletics website.
- Supervise student workers assisting with Sports Information.
- Write athletics and campus recreation stories for University publications - Universitas, TowerTalk, and Notre Dame Bulletin
- Update University website with home athletic contests and events.
- Maintain photo file.
Candidate must possess have a Bachelor's degree. Master's degree in Communications or Public Relations preferred. Must have knowledge of NCAA Division III regulations and an understanding of the relationship between a liberal arts education and athletics.
One - three years' of experience required within sports information at the college/university level. Valid driver's license and good driving record required. Must have excellent writing and computer skills, attention to detail, proactive communicator. Must have proven administrative and management skills, and have good interpersonal communication skills.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
- Two writing samples
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Renee Bostic at email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore