Grant Funded Position:
Hours per Week:
Hours vary ( 4-12 hours per week)
Duties of Position:
- Develops, prepares, evaluates and revises course material,
including presentation slides, pictures, factsheets/checklists,
guides and pre and posttests, regarding occupational safety and
- Collaborates with OSH Staff in designing and updating all
- Instruct OSH courses on current OSHA requirements and
- Able to teach on campus and other locations within Harper
College District if required.
- Available to instruct 2-8 hour courses when needed per client
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus
- Reliable, flexible and prompt
Experience Requirements: REQUIRED
- Two (2) years successful prior teaching experience as OSHA
Trainer in one or multiple disciplines.
- Proven knowledge, ability and experience to manage and
implement current OSHA grant-funded training
- Experienced instruction practices and procedures geared toward
- Proficient using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with training practices involving student
participation and interaction
Two (2) years proven and current OSHA instruction experience.
Experience Requirements: PREFERRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and/or Certified Safety
Experience as safety manager.
Experience in warehousing, manufacturing, metal fabrication,
construction, or electrical industries.
Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
Requir ed Documents: ***A resume and cover letter
are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to
create an inclusive learning and working environment where
individual differences and identities are respected, valued and
embraced. We encourage women, people from historically
underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans
June 01, 2020 Central Daylight Time