Adult Education and Literacy Corrections Education Reentry Specialist - Federal Camp - Part Time
VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested.
Requisition Number 2020049F Position Title Adult Education and Literacy Corrections Education Reentry Specialist - Federal Camp - Part Time Salary Range n/a DBM Rating n/a Job Type Part Time Job Category Faculty Anticipated Start Date 07/01/2020 Campus Bryan Application Deadline Extended Open Deadline FLSA Status Non-Exempt Security Sensitive? Yes Work Hours
The Adult Education & Literacy ( AEL ) Corrections Reentry Specialist is responsible for providing reentry instruction activities to the Federal Camp.
1. Design, plan, organize, and deliver Employment Training for individuals preparing for reentry back into society.
2. Use varied methods of instruction to deliver instruction.
3. Offer specific instruction to help participants maintain or improve job skills.
4. Will conduct the TABE baseline assessment for students entering the program.
5. Will organize class rosters and maintain student attendance.
6. Will follow-up with student retention.
7. Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Currently employed at the Federal Prison Camp.
3. Knowledge of instruction, course design, and lesson planning strategies.
4. Ability to design and provide activities and instruction across a continuum, from pre- and basic literacy through college and career-ready levels. Instruction includes reading and language, mathematics, communication skills, social studies, physical sciences and health, Digital Literacy and career and college readiness competencies.
5. Capable of providing and coordinating Distance Learning activities in which participants and instructors are separated by geography, time, or both for most of the instructional period and guide instructors in the use of such activities.
6. Has requisite skills and knowledge in the teaching discipline and the ability for continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
7. Ability to implement and use the AEL standard syllabus for each course type and departmental guidelines to plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students and instructors in meeting course objectives.
8. Ability to maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community, provide access to students and instructors through posted office hours, electronic communication, and other appropriate methods, and provide advice and assistance to students and instructors regarding instructional or program-specific issues.
9. Strong working knowledge of various operating systems and familiarity with Internet, data management and office software.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to work as a member of the adult education program.
11. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in communications both inside and outside the program.
12. Ability to work under stress and/or time demands.
13. Able to work unsupervised when necessary and complete necessary programmatic monitoring and reporting activities on a regular schedule.
14. Honoring Blinn’s and the Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and regulatory requirements.
15. Being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team oriented and taking ownership of work.
16. Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, and thinking of better ways to do things.
17. Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.
Must be employed by Federal Prison Camp
Preferred Experience and Training
1. Texas Teaching Certificate or degree in Education or Adult Education.
2. Teaching experience working with a diverse population of adult students in a multi-level setting.
3. Curriculum development and lesson planning experience.
4. Current knowledge of Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of Aztec distance learning program.
Physical Requirements Required Degree, License or Certifications
Special Notes To Applicants
Multiple positions are responsible for providing reentry instruction activities to the Federal Prisio Camp. Must be employed by the Federal Prison Camp
Classes are offered Monday thru Friday from 9am until noon and 5pm-9pm and Saturdays from 9am-5pm. Not all times are available at all locations.
These part time positions are funded by a grant, therefore, these positions are not permanent and will be eliminated once the grant funding is spent or the fiscal year ends, whichever comes first.
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL -X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Quick Link http://employment.blinn.edu/postings/8911 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the U.S.?
- * Do you work at the Federal Prison Camp?
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Are you available to teach class from 9am until noon, 5pm-9pm
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your teaching experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently certified to teach in Texas public schools?
- * Have you ever provided instruction to adults?
- Through a college or vocational/trade school
- Through an apprenticeship program
- Through On-The-Job training
- I have not provided instruction to adults in electrical theory or for the electrician industry.
- * Explain your experience with adult education services and how
you stay in compliance with all federal and state guidelines
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Advertisement (specify in next question below)
- Blinn employment site
- Word of Mouth
- Internet Site (specify in next question below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Other (specify in next question below)
- * If in the previous question you selected 'Advertisement',
'Internet Site', or 'Other', please specify how you heard about
this employment opportunity.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a veteran? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD214
in the optional documents.
- * Are you an orphan of a veteran who was killed while on active
duty? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you a veteran’s surviving spouse who has not remarried?
If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you claiming Veteran's employment preference? (See
website for definition:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Other Transcripts 1
- DD214 (required for Veteran's or Veteran's preference)
- DD1300 (required for orphan's or surviving spouse)